I was once told that I had an aversion to female vocals in the music I listened to- and, until I really thought about it, I didn't have a clear answer as to why that argument was true. Then I found that in the same way, I have a general aversion to songs with prominent piano parts in them. In both instances, I find these particular instruments can make or break a song. Though when they're used well- well, damn if my hair won't stand on end and my finger land on repeat.
The Most Serene Republic - Stay Ups
Ben Folds Five - Selfless, Cold, and Composed
DM Stith - Braid of Voices
Sufjan Stevens - Concerning the UFO Sighting Near Highland, Illinois
Chris Yang - Over Here, Over There
St. Vincent - All My Stars Aligned
Yoni Wolf - Shoot the Singer (1 Sick Verse) [Pavement cover]
No comments:
Post a Comment